This is Guidion
We provide and innovate technical services in and around the house. It’s possible that you haven't heard of us before, but you've probably already met us without knowing it. For example when you switched your internet provider or when your central heating boiler was serviced. Guidion is mainly active in the Telecom and Energy sectors. We do this on behalf of big brands like VodafoneZiggo, T-Mobile and Comfort Partners. In addition, we are continuously innovating our services based on trends and wishes. For example, we visit customers to help smart home equipment function optimally or offer them remote assistance. How do we do this? By making the entire customer journey as fun and easy as possible for consumers, in our own unique way. Our mechanics play a major role in this. Thanks to these passionate, skilled mechanics (self-employed), we make about 1 million people happy every year with our services. And we are proud of that!
This is the job
What does the Data Engineer job look like at Guidion? As a Data Engineer, your daily task is to consolidate various, large data sources. You will make this data available for various teams and the business. You follow and take into account the latest developments in the field of data warehousing, data infrastructure and machine learning engineering. Guidion's ambition is to become fully data-driven and you can play a big role in this process! We have made all the preparations to achieve this goal.
You are responsible for:
managing and developing the Datawarehouse (redshift) and the ETL process;
unlocking new data sources, both internal and external;
designing solutions for complex data issues and you are able to defend these to the architecture board. You make choices about different database systems and applications;
taking a leading role in the further development of expertise in the field of security, CI/CD, machine learning and programming principles;
keeping track of trends in the field of data engineering, both functional and technical.
You will be part of the Data team. A young and international team that is open and willing to learn from each other. Besides gaining knowledge, there is also plenty of room for fun. Success should be celebrated, and that is what we do.
This is you
Without a doubt you have a strong analytical mind. You can easily see logical connections in data. Besides that, you have a lot of knowledge about data and will act as a 'technical data coach' for the team. Finally, you are an independent worker and enjoy (even in your spare time) learning a new programming language.
In addition, you have:
Bachelor/master degree (preferred direction: Computer Science, AI or any other relevant study);
4+ years of experience in a data role;
Experience with cloud services, preferably AWS;
knowledge of cloud security, connectivity, CI/CD, API design;
experience with Python & SQL, NoSQL databases;
knowledge of machine learning is a plus;
experience working in an agile/scrum team is a plus.
This comes with the job
- An environment where entrepreneurship, connectedness, personal development and joy are at the centre of everything we do #candoisyou #letsgrow #sharethefun #happytohelp;
- Unlimited holidays; you decide what works for you;
- An attractive annual training budget, Let's Grow!
- Internal Masterclasses on e.g. Customer Experience and What do I want to Learn@Guidion;
- Annual profit sharing when we reach our Guidion-wide targets;
- A well arranged pension without additional contribution from your end;
- Opportunity to work hybrid with our office in Amsterdam as a central meeting place;
- Different crews and clubs you can join, like Team Green, Diversity & Inclusion, Share-the-Fun, The Bookclub, The Ringmasters and many more. Be sure to ask about this during your interview :)
- A good dose of joy and interesting activities, like the Summer- and Winter Party, the Daily, Guidion Clubhouse, Pizza, Drinks & Questions. More about this and other activities you can find in our digital Guidion Manifest.
Ready to meet us?
Does the description of Guidion and the job make you happy and do your interests, skills and competences match the profile we are describing? Then let's get to know each other!